The accounting curriculum promotes the dynamic yet practical nature of the accounting profession. An emphasis on the integration of knowledge and technology forms a solid foundation that will support versatile career and educational endeavors. Students are engaged in skills and competencies to succeed as paraprofessionals in business environments such as bookkeeping, payroll processing, tax preparation or supporting roles in government, new or continuing small businesses, or other large industries such as hospitality, tourism, or agriculture. All certificates and degrees allow students to blend a mixture of college-level, technical, occupational, and/or baccalaureate-leading, transferable courses. The curriculum is considerate of socio-economic and academic diversity and encourages life-long learning.
A grade of “C” or higher for all ACC alpha courses in the Accounting program is required for graduation.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 11/07/17:
- Convey financial information clearly and appropriately to the audience and purpose.
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and present timely and accurate financial information.
- Apply accounting principles and techniques as needed.
- Use standard and emerging technologies to perform basic office functions and to improve quality and productivity.
- Maintain professional and personal development.
- Demonstrate work attitude, behavior, and appearance that contribute to continued employability.
- Use critical thinking skills that reflect legal and ethical standards and values of the accounting profession.
Degrees and Certificates
- Accounting: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Accounting: Certificate of Achievement
- Accounting: Certificate of Achievement (Accounting Assistant)
- Accounting: Certificate of Achievement (Payroll Preparer)
- Accounting: Certificate of Achievement (Small Business Accounting)
- Accounting: Certificate of Achievement (Tax Preparer)
- Accounting: Certificate of Competence (Accounting Office Assistant)
- Accounting: Certificate of Competence (Basic Accounting)