This course introduces basic accounting principles and practices for manufacturing businesses and introduces basic principles and practices of managerial accounting. Areas include financial statement analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, standard cost systems, break-even analysis, responsibility accounting, and capital budgeting.
“C” or higher in ACC 125.
- Use planning and control principles to evaluate the performance of a company and to make decisions.
- Analyze financial statements using horizontal analysis, vertical analysis, and financial statement ratio techniques.
- Describe the principles of managerial accounting and explain how they are applied to various business models.
- Prepare and analyze the Statement of Cash Flows.
- Analyze, record, and report the activities of a manufacturing company using process cost, job order cost, and standard cost accounting systems.