Adding/Dropping Classes

Add a Course

Students may register for courses online in STAR GPS during the open registration period until the deadline to add courses. Once the deadline has passed, students will need to complete a Late Course Addition Request Form and get approval from the instructor, as well as the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, if needed. It is not guaranteed that students will be able to add a course once the deadline has passed.

Drop a Course

Students may drop courses online in STAR GPS. Dropping a course may have academic and financial implications. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for information on refunds and the deadlines for dropping with or without a “W” grade.

To avoid any financial and academic penalties (e.g. “F” grade), students must drop any unwanted classes by the deadline. All deadlines related to dropping semester length courses are found on the Academic Calendar. Deadlines related to non-semester length or modular courses are found on the Class Availability website.

Erase Period - Courses dropped before the first day of instruction and during the first 3 weeks of the semester will not be recorded on the student’s academic record and no grade will be not be assigned.

Deadlines - Check the Academic Calendar for both add and drop deadlines. 

Semester Courses - You may drop (withdraw from) semester-length courses any time up to the stated deadline on the Academic Calendar.

Non-Semester Length Courses - The last day to withdraw from courses that are completed in less than a semester is the instructional day prior to 60% completion of the course. Please refer to Class Availability on the college website for this date.

Complete Withdrawal - Students may drop all courses online via Star GPS prior to the deadline stated on the Academic Calendar. 

Cancelled Course - When a course is cancelled, an email notification will be sent to your account (e.g., johndoe@ Your account is the official means by which the University will communicate important messages to you. Please check this account regularly.


KCC students

Admissions and Records

Location: One Stop Center, 1st Floor
Phone: (808) 245-8225