This course introduces students to creating three dimensional concepts in clay. Students complete hand- building and wheel-throwing projects and learn how to use a kiln.
May be repeated for a maximum of 9 credits.
Diversification: Arts — DA
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs)
- Exhibit basic skill competency by producing finished ceramic objects with hand building techniques.
- Complete the creative problem-solving process from planning and discovery to implementation and evaluation.
- Utilize a basic understanding of drawing as a means of notation, conceptualization, and visual organization.
- Demonstrate how colors, patterns, and shapes impact the final visual product.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the vocabulary used in ceramics.
- Describe how ideas can be communicated through visual media, techniques, and processes.