This course involves students in two-dimensional visualization and rendering of forms, spaces, and ideas through a variety of approaches and media. Students learn the basics of line, contour, shading, texture, perspective, composition, and action drawing. Students will create several original works of art and compile a portfolio of their drawings at the end of the term.
Students in the Creative Media program pursuing a certificate in Animation or Graphic Art are encouraged to take this course.
- Make aesthetic, creative, and content decisions in their drawings.
- Prepare work for rudimentary exhibition purposes.
- Demonstrate basic drawing skills and expression.
- Describe how ideas can be communicated through visual media, techniques, and processes.
- Select and utilize drawing tools and media and apply them to achieve desired results in expression.
- Use basic drawing vocabulary to describe drawing processes and principles.
- Critique drawings objectively, individually, and in groups.