This course is a continuation of ART 111 that provides intensive application of basic techniques. Emphasis is placed on the development of a personal style in the medium of watercolor.
May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credits.
"C" or higher in ART 111.
- Demonstrate an understanding of watercolor concepts, techniques, and color theory.
- Demonstrate how ideas can be communicated through visual media, techniques, and processes.
- Demonstrate competence in watercolor painting using a variety of washes and brush techniques.
- Engage in a critical analysis of their own and others' finished work.
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of watercolor painting tools.
- Prepare and execute paintings that demonstrate the use of essential and some advanced watercolor techniques.