This course has an emphasis on the development of intermediate drawing skills especially the use of color. There will be an emphasis on the power of observation from life. This course introduces students to the intermediate skills and elements of descriptive drawing with some abstraction later in the semester. Students will become familiar with the basic vocabulary and conventions of objective drawing processes and media while practicing an enhanced perceptual awareness and eye/hand motor skills.
"C" or higher in ART 113.
- Successfully identify and use color drawing tools and elements of art and design principles in drawings.
- Keep an extensive sketchbook and portfolio record of the material covered in this course.
- Differentiate among representational, abstract, and conceptual approaches to drawn art and produce these forms in color as well as monochromatic media.
- Make aesthetic, creative, and content decisions autonomously in drawings by choosing compositions, subject matter, and presentation format independently.
- Recognize and demonstrate safe studio procedures and good studio practices.