This course introduces students to advanced techniques in hand building. Non-functional, sculptural concepts will be emphasized and students will be encouraged to challenge themselves to create larger forms than in ART 105. Kiln operations and glaze creation also will be introduced.
"C" or higher in ART 105.
- Produce forms reflecting an understanding of the difference between functional and non-functional clay forms.
- Use a variety of mold techniques to complete projects.
- Create presentation pieces and actively participate in critiques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of elements of 3-dimensional design in sculptural forms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper kiln loading/unloading and firing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different kinds of clay and their properties when used together in sculptures.
- Demonstrate the use of different hand building equipment to create specific forms in clay.