This course provides an overview of the tools, materials, and safety practices currently used in the industry. The safe use, care, and maintenance of hand tools and power tools are emphasized.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs)
- Demonstrate the ability to add and subtract measurements on carpentry projects.
- Identify different types of hammers and be able to choose the proper hammer for various applications.
- Identify lumber by size, shape, and dimensions.
- Identify various power tools, and demonstrate proper safety operations.
- Demonstrate how to accurately read measurements on a tape measure.