This is an introductory course in carpentry technology. Students will develop basic carpentry skills required by the industry. This course will cover the use, safety, and maintenance of hand and power tools, identification and application of materials, assembly methods, and basic material takeoff.
“C” or higher or concurrent enrollment in CARP 120B.
- Demonstrate the proper setup and use of a builders level.
- Demonstrate how to safely erect and dismantle scaffolding, and identify parts of a scaffolding system.
- Convert various measurements into decimals.
- Calculate various lengths using the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Calculate plumb and level angles using trigonometry.
- Apply various mathematical equations to an actual project.
- Convert decimal measurements into standard measurements.