Students enrolled in the Electronics Technology program receive an education in basic electronics, computer technology, computer programming, RF and optical systems, and networking that includes knowledge of DC/AC/Semiconductor circuits, digital electronics, lasers, computers, and networks. Graduates may enter the workforce as entry-level technicians or continue their education in Electronics or Computer Engineering Technology baccalaureate programs.
Program Admission Requirements:
(1) Placement in ENG 100; (2) “C” or higher in MATH 82X or placement in MATH 103; or (3) approval of instructor.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 10/16/2019:
- Demonstrate analysis, design, and measuring of digital circuits and digital logic fundamentals.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Develop skill with algorithmic thinking and demonstrate computer programming language fundamentals such as variables, decision structures, conditional statements, data types and data structures, iterations, and functions.
- Demonstrate building and configuring internet networks.
- Demonstrate theoretical and applied knowledge of passive and active electronics components and circuits used in DC and AC electronics.
- Demonstrate soldering, desoldering, circuit board layout, circuit board fabrication, cable and connector fabrication, electronic component identification and associated test and measurement principles.
- Understand and safely apply the physics of light, laser safety, geometric optics, lenses, mirrors, polarizing lenses, interference/diffraction waves, laser physics, optical imaging.
- Communicate effectively orally, in writing, and by means of the various electronic communication devices.
- Exhibit professional, ethical, and social responsibilities showing a respect for diversity and an awareness of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues.
Degrees and Certificates
- Electronics Technology: Associate in Science Degree
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Achievement
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Achievement (Network Administrator and Security)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Cisco I)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Cisco II)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Computer Support)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Network Security)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Programming)