Students enrolled in the Electronics Technology program receive an education in basic electronics, computer technology, computer programming, RF and optical systems, and networking that includes knowledge of DC/AC/Semiconductor circuits, digital electronics, lasers, computers, and networks. Graduates may enter the workforce as entry-level technicians or continue their education in Electronics or Computer Engineering Technology baccalaureate programs.
Program Admission Requirements:
Placement in ENG 100; (2) “C” or higher in MATH 82X or placement in MATH 103; or (3) approval of instructor.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 09/12/2014:
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, and skills in the use of contemporary tools of electronics technology.
- Demonstrate theoretical and technical knowledge of components, systems, and control processes that govern the outcomes of systems for purposes of operation, maintenance, and improvement.
- Apply current technical knowledge in the analysis and solution of technical problems.
- Function effectively on teams interacting with all levels of personnel, fully participating, and adding to the dynamics of the group.
- Communicate effectively orally, in writing, and by means of the various electronic communication devices.
- Exhibit professional, ethical, and social responsibilities showing a respect for diversity and an awareness of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues.
- Explain the importance of commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous professional improvement in adapting to emerging technologies.
Degrees and Certificates
- Electronics Technology: Associate in Science Degree
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Achievement
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Achievement (Network Administrator and Security)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Cisco I)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Cisco II)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Computer Support)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Network Security)
- Electronics Technology: Certificate of Competence (Programming)