This course introduces the student to the proper lifting mechanics, principles of weight training, and understanding benefits received. Emphasis will be placed on conditioning, different types of training, and developing one's own personal lifting program.
- Identify the benefits of weight training.
- Identify which lifts strengthen each muscle of the body.
- Understand and demonstrate the basic fundamental mechanics of weight training.
- Write and implement a personal training program based on individual fitness goals.
- Participate in a healthy and lifelong learning activity.