This course focuses on the concepts of administrative medical assisting including medical office procedural and diagnostic coding, billing, insurance claims processes, and medical office management.
“C” or higher in MEDA 143.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs)
- Demonstrate professional communication when dealing with insurance and billing issues.
- Explain medical office billing and claims systems.
- Apply managed care policies and procedures.
- Perform basic medical office procedural and diagnostic coding.
- Apply standard confidentiality practices effectively within administrative duties.
- Apply medical office management principles.