This course provides an opportunity for orchestral musicians to perform repertoire ranging from Renaissance and Baroque to contemporary popular music.
May be repeated any number of times for credit.
Approval of instructor.
Minimum of one year's study on an instrument and experience in reading music.
- Demonstrate having acquired training in musicality, phrasing, and ensemble playing.
- Demonstrate an ability to sight-read new music with greater fluency.
- Demonstrate an ability to blend with members of one's section and the group as a whole.
- Participate in a performance situation with a live audience.
- Demonstrate having gained practical musical experience through performing various styles and genres.
- Demonstrate having supplemented their understanding of the creative musical tradition through performing the music of important composers in the orchestral idiom.