This course focuses on scientific approaches to evaluating human-caused environmental challenges and their potential solutions.
Qualified for MATH 100 or concurrent enrollment in MATH 75X.
Diversification: Physical Sciences — DP
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs)
- Solve very basic problems involving physics and chemistry of Earth systems.
- Identify value judgments inherent in different choices in addressing or failing to address global environmental challenges.
- Apply scientific principles and reasoning to critically evaluate proposed explanations for global environmental challenges.
- Apply scientific principles and methods to describe natural Earth systems and human impacts on the environment.
- Compare impacts of potential solutions to global environmental challenges.