This course is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of political science, from the basic political concepts and theories to the scientific methods that are used within this field.
Qualified for ENG 100.
Diversification: Social Sciences — DS
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs)
- Evaluate the role of political ideas, value conflicts, and ideology in political interactions.
- Analyze and evaluate the role of power within the political-economic structure of governments.
- Describe, identify, and compare the basic structures and processes of government systems, as well as their theoretical bases.
- Apply political science concepts to situations and issues of contemporary relevance.
- Describe and demonstrate civic engagement and the responsibilities of citizenship in a democracy.