Student Employment offers a variety of on-campus jobs while working around your class schedule. Earn money while developing real-world experience and Work where you go to school! Many opportunities exist for students to work on campus. Click here to review the JOB LISTING. Contact the Career Center for assistance.
Students must be enrolled at UH at least half-time. This is generally defined as follows:
- Undergraduates & all Unclassified students (6 credits)
- Community College students (6 credits)
- Classified Graduate Students (4 credits)
- All 700 Thesis and 800 Dissertation candidates (1 credit)
International students are required to carry a full-time course load in accordance with federal rules. Students must consult with their Designated School Official (DSO) for special considerations.
All students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible to work. Generally, this includes the following:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for undergraduates, community college, Law students, and Unclassified students.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for graduate students.
- Some schools and colleges within UH may have a different definition of satisfactory academic progress for their students.
Students who do not meet the general student employment eligibility requirements and have special considerations may request that an exception be granted. All exceptions will be reviewed and determined on a case-by-case basis and likely would require an in-person consultation at the Career Center in the One-Stop Center.
The University of Hawai‘i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.