This general science course emphasizes basic science concepts by studying human anatomy and physiology. The course introduces students to the structure and function of cells, tissues, organs, and systems of the human body. This course includes a study of the disease process and recent scientific advances.
Qualified for ENG 100.
- Identify and discuss anatomical structures and their functions.
- Apply biological knowledge to self, family, Kaua‘i, and Hawai‘i.
- Demonstrate comprehension and correct use of chemical and biological terminology, concepts, and knowledge in appropriate situations.
- Describe and identify homeostatic relationships that function by both positive and negative feedback systems.
- Describe the anatomical, physiological, and chemical inter-relationship of human biological systems and organs.