This course is designed to help students acquire an understanding of some of the basic principles in blueprint reading. Emphasis is on developing interpretation and visualization techniques as they refer to construction drawings and concepts essential to related fields in carpentry, architecture, engineering, and green construction technology.
- Define the various types of construction.
- Define a variety of systems and materials used in residential construction.
- Recognize and interpret a range of symbols used on a given set of blueprints.
- Define the different types of drawings contained in a set of blueprints.
- Recognize professional organizations and rating systems related to sustainability and green construction.
- Define current techniques and terminology involved in the production and coordination of blueprints.
- Use measuring and layout tools used in construction properly.
- Select the appropriate scale to measure architectural and engineering drawings.