The Associate in Science in Business degree will prepare students for entry-level positions in business, industry, and non-profit organizations. It is designed for students who seek to gain a solid foundation of the basic business concepts and skills necessary to contribute and create solutions in today’s business environment. Upon successful completion of this program, students will acquire the knowledge and skills to apply management, marketing, and accounting concepts to improve operational performance in a business setting. This degree can help an individual jump-start a career in business or prepare them for transfer to a four-year institution.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 09/10/2013:
- Develop critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Utilize creativity and logical strategies and techniques to solve complex business issues.
- Implement and apply current technical solutions to business activities, systems, and processes.
- Apply foundational management principles to the functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, and decision making to business operations.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of business and technical skills to support lifelong professional development.
Degrees and Certificates
- Business: Associate in Science Degree
- Business: Certificate of Achievement (Entrepreneurship)
- Business: Certificate of Achievement (Management)
- Business: Certificate of Competence (Entrepreneurship)
- Business: Certificate of Competence (Management Essentials)
- Business: Certificate of Competence (Retail Essentials)