The Creative Media program provides students with a comprehensive introduction to a variety of digital communication disciplines: Event Technology, Music, Photography, Video, Animation, Graphics, and Website Design. Featuring accomplished industry experts, advanced computer labs, and professionally equipped studios, Kaua‘i Community College's Creative Media program guides students to develop viable industry benchmark skills. Important components of the program are the Creative Media Consortium, which connects industry experts with students to facilitate career opportunities and continuous curriculum improvement, and a commitment to service in the community, matching student teams to work with real non-profit clients on Kauai to develop new digital materials.
Students may earn certificates in Creative Media to provide job upgrades and entry-level skills, or an Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree in Creative Media. After earning an A.S. Degree students may continue to UH West O‘ahu to obtain a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree with a concentration in Creative Media or a Bachelor of Arts in Humanities with a concentration in Creative Media.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 04/23/2018:
- Use design elements and principles to create professional creative media projects.
- Skillfully and safely operate creative media equipment.
- Demonstrate mastery-level skills using creative media software applications.
- Practice professional, ethical and legal principles.
- Develop objectives for new projects and measure the effectiveness of completed projects.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.