How Do I Know If I Am A Resident?

An official determination of your residency status will be made once you submit your application. You may be required to provide documentation to verify your residency status.

If you do not qualify as a bona fide resident of the state of Hawai‘i, according to the University of Hawai‘i rules and regulations in effect at the time you register, you must pay non-resident tuition. Once you are classified as a non-resident, you will continue to be classified as a non-resident until you can present satisfactory evidence to the registrar that proves otherwise.

Certain students are granted statutory exemption for the residency regulation. See the Residency entry in this catalog for more specific residency information.

KCC students