Graduation Requirement Course List

Some programs offered at Kaua‘i Community College may require one or more of the following graduation requirements:

  • Alternative Communication (AC)
  • Hawaiian, Asian, and Pacific Issues (HAP)*
  • Health and Wellness: Cognitive Health (CH)/Physical Health (PH)
  • Pacific Cultures (PC)
  • Writing Intensive (WI)*

All graduation requirement designations are available in STAR and listed under the "GenEd/Focus/Special Des." column on the Class Availability website. Five-year terms are included where applicable.

*HAP and WI are the only graduation requirement designations that transfer to other UH campuses. Also, since HAP and WI courses are instructor-specific, students should contact their academic advisor, refer to STAR, or view the Class Availability website for a list of HAP or WI courses.