Hospitality and Tourism
The Hospitality and Tourism (HOST) program at Kaua‘i Community College is designed to ensure students’ success in their chosen hospitality careers. The program is designed to meet the needs of those who are already employed in the hospitality services industry, as well as those who wish to prepare themselves for entry into this global field. We welcome you to experience the diversity and professionalism that make this career choice a sustainable opportunity.
A grade of “C” or higher for all HOST alpha courses in the Hospitality and Tourism program is required for graduation.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 09/10/2014:
- Develop critical thinking skills to effectively function in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Demonstrate an awareness of diversity and exhibit professional work ethics that promote positive service interactions and teamwork skills.
- Utilize interpersonal written and oral communication skills necessary for effective organizational operations.
- Incorporate the principles of Aloha to promote the sustainability of Hawaiian cultural values in the hospitality industry.
Degrees and Certificates
- Hospitality and Tourism: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Hospitality and Tourism: Certificate of Achievement
- Hospitality and Tourism: Certificate of Achievement (Hospitality Management)
- Hospitality and Tourism: Certificate of Competence
- Hospitality and Tourism: Certificate of Competence (Hospitality Essentials)