Marine Option Program: Academic Subject Certificate
Through the Marine Option Program at Kaua`i Community College, or "MOP," students can explore their interests, learn more about the ocean, and gain certification of their achievements. MOP is an academic subject certificate program. In addition to completing 12 credits of course-work toward the certificate, students work with scientists or other community mentors on projects related to marine or fresh water environments. MOP has a long and distinguished history. Across the state and the nation, graduates of the program at Kaua`i CC and other campuses in the UH System are employed in research, education, resource management, tourism, and more in both the public and private sector.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs) approved 09/22/2020:
- Identify internships, research projects, or other projects of interest.
- Apply academic knowledge to the real world while learning practical skills.
- Compose a well-crafted final report clearly communicating project outcomes.
- Demonstrate dedication and competence necessary to successfully complete a project or at least make significant progress toward successful completion of a project.
Fall (Semester 1)
Spring (Semester 2)
- OCN 199V: Although this course ranges from 1-2 credits, completion of this certificate requires 2 credits.